Monday, May 08, 2006

Naps

I miss her naps. Two long hours of solitude. There was nothing like it...no amount of TV or playing on her own is quite the same as knowing she is sleeping. We lost our lovely naps about a month ago. I took it surprisingly well. Spring was upon us and the sunshine seemed to make the loss more bearable. Bedtimes got earlier and easier (a bit of a struggle sometimes since the sun is still shining but her sheer exhaustion helps) and I get to talk to dh without having to include her in the conversation (doesn't happen much). Good news...we still like each other!

Well today her little body just couldn't hold out for bedtime...at 4pm she fell asleep on the couch. I tried to wake her...fearful of jeopordizing our entire evening (most importantly I need to see 24) but she just threw herself back down to sleep.

36 minutes later...ahhhh...I can't bring myself to wake her. But unless I want a 2 year old climbing all over me while I watch Jack Bauer save the world I better try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home