Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Frustrating Adventures in Craftiness

As a novice seamstress I am constantly frustrated by sewing projects that don't come out right! My latest effort to attach a more comfortable "waistband" onto a pair of GAP maternity jeans was unsuccessful. Is it really too much to ask to have a pair of maternity pants that don't fall down while simply walking, sitting or standing still? It seems that it is. My efforts at a maternity skirt were slightly more successful but still not perfect. I am debating ripping it out and making some adjustments because it is sooo close...but that could further jeoporadize my minimal success as it stands. I am even frustrated with my attempts to hem dish towels. I spend far more time setting up the machine than I do enjoying the fruits of my labor. To be fair I really don't sew very often...so chin up...keep at it...practice makes perfect. There...I feel much better now. Thanks for the pep talk, self.

P.S. I would post pictures of all my projects but I no longer have access to a digital camera that I am able to operate. My
husband now has a fancy ass new camera with all sorts of lenses and buttons and complicated crap. I tried to take some pictures with it today of C playing in the rain but they didn't come out and I don't know how to upload them onto the computer anyway.

Done griping. Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home