Saturday, November 26, 2005

Lost My Mittens

My beautiful Alpaca/Wool mittens! We went to the tree lighting in Portland...C HATED IT! She just freaked out over all the loud noises, people, music etc. And then a huge inflated Quizno's sub cup walked by and she went nuts...crying, clinging to me etc. So I took her into Longfellow's books for a bit (she did not want to leave the bookstore at all and put up quite a fuss when it was time to go). Then we went to Granny's Burritos (we were with Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt, Uncle, Cousin). Halfway through dinner I realize my earring is missing. They are one of my favorite pairs. My sis gave them to me years ago and I used to wear them constantly (didn't take them off for a year I think)...so somehow I put them on last night after years of not wearing them and lost one! I was really upset.

After we ate we went to Fuller's for chocolates...yum. I wanted to check Longfellow's to see if by some remote chance the earring was just sitting on the floor waiting for me to find it. We walk up and the owner is locking up! He lets me in and I actually find my earring.

But you're wondering about my mittens. Well...we go back to the car and I ride all the way home with freezing hands because I'm too lazy to try and dig out my mittens from my bag. Little do I know they aren't in my bag. In fact...part of me is thinking...you're not wearing your mittens. You lost them didn't you?

This morning my worst fears are confirmed. They are missing. I have a terrible habit of losing gloves, mittens, hats etc. No one is surprised. I call Longfellow's...no mittens. I call Granny's...no mittens. I call Fuller's...no answer. I drive to Portland prepared to retrace my steps and am hopeful that the mittens will be found in the gutter just waiting for me. Or that I'll see a homeless person wearing them and I'll give him whatever cash I have on me for them.

I retrace my steps and don't see them. I decide to check at Fuller's and there they are. Behind the counter. My mittens. Guess all that chocolate must have distracted me and I dropped them. Bet that happens all the time there :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger ~ danielle said...

Lost your mittens you naughty kitten! Heather wanted to take the kids to the tree lighting then forgot about it (phew!). I hate the cold, I really have no idea why I stay in New England - oh yeah, my family all lives here (sigh). Poor C... sounds like too much stimulation. Yummmmmm, chocolate... burritos... mmmmmm (not together of course ;-)

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home