Thursday, November 17, 2005

Tumbling

Today I took C to open gym at the Maine Academy of Gymnastics. It is perhaps one of the coolest places on earth. The whole time I was there I had to fight my own urges to put on a leotard and start tumbling, jumping, swinging, balancing, climbing, flipping... After some initial shyness she was all over the place. Trampolines were her favorite this time. I hope to go regularly despite the $8 cover charge.

Some of the other mom and daughter pairs frightened me a little. The moms all seemed to be former gymnasts themselves. There was a lot of...ok, now tuck and roll, point your toes, jump up, jump like this, land like that, arms up etc. One of the instructors was trying to get C to tumble a certain way and she was like...ummm, get away from me and let me do my own thing...this is open gym isn't it? At least that's what it looked like she wanted to say if she could talk.

Stopped at the yarn shop on the way home...got some super yummy Berroco Pleasures...Angora, Merino, Nylon blend. I have been wanting to try it and it was on sale. I think it may become legwarmers for my nieces (so their legs don't get cold this winter while they are diaper free. Of course it would make something nice for me too.

Finally finished the sweater for my friend't new baby. I will eventually post pics...I keep saying that but I'm not sure when it will happen.

Also just got my Le Leche League leadership application stuff. The process to become a leader takes about 1 year! Perfect timing...staying at home with a two year old, becoming a LLL leader and possibly getting pregnant. Oh...and I am still considering getting certified to be a personal trainer/fitness instructor (and perhaps nutrition counselor). Should be a fun year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home