Monday, November 21, 2005

Stash

When I first started knitting I would browse the yarn store and buy single skeins of yarn that spoke to me. I had no idea how much yarn I actually needed in order to actually make something. I remember the day the woman at the yarn store helped me calculate how much yarn I would need to knit my first project (a poncho)...it came out to about $80. I was now acutely aware that knitting was not going to save me any money as I once foolishly hoped. I had discovered the same thing when I took up sewing. Sigh. Anyway...I have since learned that when you find a delicious yarn and it's on sale...buy some. Buy a lot.

Old Stash...note random single skeins


New Additions

1 Comments:

Blogger ~ danielle said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm... yummy new yarn! Whatcha gonna make with it? (Or is it one of those, oh, this is purty, I'll buy bunches and figure out what to do with it later?)

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home